August 1, 2017
Customer Assurance Statement:
Mitel is excited to announce that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement to acquire all of the outstanding common stock of ShoreTel. The transaction is expected to close in calendar Q3, 2017.
The proposed acquisition will create a more efficient and competitive company focused on Premise, Hybrid and Cloud solutions for the small, medium and large enterprise segments. Until the transaction has closed, we must operate as two separate and independent companies. Be assured that Mitel highly values the relationship ShoreTel has with its’ customers and channel partners and would not do anything to jeopardize that relationship now or in the future. In fact, Mitel’s desire is to retain all ShoreTel customer relationships and associated revenues. Below is a framework to help you gain confidence in Mitel’s intentions and go forward plans.
As it relates to premise based ShoreTel products
- The ShoreTel platform for the SMB segment is a strong offering and we welcome the opportunity to expand the Mitel product portfolio with this
- Mitel will seek to optimize the combined product lines and where sensible consolidate areas that are not disruptive to our customers, yet drive enhanced efficiencies for the combined company to enable greater A potential example would be phone endpoints and accessories where duplicative phone devices with overlapping capabilities may be confusing to customers. Although it is too soon to speculate as to the product line and roadmap for the combined company, in the event that Mitel decides to end the sale of any ShoreTel product, it will be done with at least a 12 month notice to the last date of purchase.
- Mitel’s standard policy of end of Hardware and Software support will apply to any ShoreTel product that is announced as end of sales. This policy is 5 years of support beyond the End of Sales date.
As it relates to cloud based ShoreTel solutions
- Mitel is committed to continuing to invest and support the ShoreTel Cloud UC It is our strategy to retain these customers by continuing to deliver a high level of service and to invest to expand the collaboration capabilities of these cloud offerings.
- Mitel will plan to capitalize on the best capabilities of both the ShoreTel and Mitel UC Cloud offerings by consolidating the solution portfolios over a multi-product release schedule, and without requiring any displacement of existing equipment on the customer’s location nor any disruption to the users of the UC This is one of the key benefits of a cloud deployment model, namely, the ability to evolve the software solutions and have them deployed across the customer base easily.
- Any customer committing to the ShoreTel or Mitel Cloud solution today will be protected and able to leverage the increased investment in collaboration solutions of the combined
Any integration of Mitel and ShoreTel products and services (whether premise or cloud based) will only occur after closing and will be designed to minimize disruption to ShoreTel end users.
Rich McBee President & CEO
5850 Granite Parkway, Suite 600, Plano, TX 75024 Main Phone: 469-574-8100